S5 is unable to record video in UHD (4K)

micksul1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have a galaxy s5 plus (sm-g901f on 5.0.2) and for the last number of weeks I have been unable to record video in 4K.
The option to select 4K exists in the stock camera app but when I record in 4K the file size is tiny and the quality is terrible.
A 4K video recorded in UHD only generates a file size of around 2MB for a 10 sec clip.
I compared this with a buddies phone and he is racking up around 8MB per second when recording in 4K on his S5.

Recording in UHD worked on my phone in the past as I still have 4K videos in my memory card so something changed\went wrong.
HD and Full HD record fine for me.

I reset the camera settings, wiped the cache partition, rebooted phone, removed battery and memory card, changed storage location to internal memory, and finally installed the Google Camera app but there is no 4K setting available in there.

Anyone seen this before?

micksul1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone seen this?

4K recordings are being recorded in VGA quality.
I installed a 3rd party camera app and when I choose the 4K option to record it says not supported?

Posted via the Android Central App

micksul1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Since you've had this problem for over a year, why not try a full factory reset? Back everything up, first.

Thx.

Coming from an IOS background d the last time I did a backup and restore it lost a few important apps like RSA I use for work as I had moved them to memory card.

As long as my apps are on internal memory and backed up the restore should restore all my apps right?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke