scrolling problem

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly, I've developed a scrolling problem with my app drawer. Priority yesterday, I was scrolling the application drawer with left to right scrolling. Somehow the scrolling only permits scrolling up and down. I don't know what happened. Does anyone out there know how to fix the problem. The phone is still functional, but I'm not used to the scrolling up and down on the app screens. I'm used to scrolling left or right. Is there a fix? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using TouchWiz or Google Now Launcher? There was a recent update to the latter that changed the layout of the App Drawer, making it vertically scrolling, and adding an App Search bar at the top. This is in line with the upcoming Marshmallow look. You could consider installing Nova Launcher instead, which gives you more control over how the App Drawer looks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You hit the nail on the head. I am using Google now as a screen manager. I didn't notice any updates to Google Now that I installed. Anyway, I'll live with the scrolling up and down, if that's a prelude to Android M. Thanks again as usual.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't notice any updates to Google Now that I installed.

Interestingly, I believe it was part of an update to the Google app (not the Google Now Launcher app). On my Nexus 7, I saw it change--I started off with the old horizontal scroll, and then the Google app updated, and when I went back to the App Drawer, it was verticla.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly, I believe it was part of an update to the Google app (not the Google Now Launcher app). On my Nexus 7, I saw it change--I started off with the old horizontal scroll, and then the Google app updated, and when I went back to the App Drawer, it was verticla.

Thanks again. I never noticed the changes until I you told me. That's the 1st time for me. Thanks again