Why is my Galaxy S5 making random calls all over the US?

spd105

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
galaxy s5 making random calls all over the us

i apologize if this has already been answered, hope so. a couple of days ago i started receiving calls from people all over the US. they state that they are returning my call. i'm receiving over 100 call backs a day now. my phone does not show any outgoing calls. i've spoken to some of the callers and they all say the same thing, when they answer no one is there or it hangs up right away. an AT&T customer service rep recommended doing a factory reset which i did. i had four missed calls waiting while it reset.

any help or information please

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: galaxy s5 making random calls all over the us

It sounds to me like your number is being spoofed by spammers/scammers. Not that they stole your number, but they're using YOUR number when calling other people for their scams. Companies regularly hide their real outgoing numbers by replacing them with other numbers. That way, caller ID is useless and they can't be called back.

I have received several of these on my home landline. My home phone is (123) 456-7890 (no it isn't really so don't try). When the phone rings, the caller id shows the caller as (123) 456-7890.

My first suggestion would have been not to worry about it, but since you're getting hundreds of call backs per day,the ONLY way to resolve this is to change your phone number.

Try Googling your entire number (with the area code) and see what comes up. If you run across one of the "who called me from this number" sites, read a bit through it. People will report crank calls/scams and you might just see your number in that list.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon