After Update S5 Now Randomly and Sporadically Acts Like Buttons are Pressed

Hailee19

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Phone working fine, never had a problem with it. Reluctantly finally did the OTA Lollipop update and now the phone randomly and sporadically acts like the "Recent Key" is being pressed. Very annoying especially when trying to message, on IG, will even kick me out of YouTube and I accidentally do things I never intended because of this. Sometimes it is just once and then fine for 20-30 minutes. Other times it just acts like the "Recent Key" is being pressed over and over. Also when this happens the "Back Key" freezes and I cannot press it for 10-15 seconds.

Any suggestions? I have insurance through Asurion but they always charge me $100 and I don't want to have to pay, especially since it is an obvious software glitch and nothing I did to cause!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Phone working fine, never had a problem with it. Reluctantly finally did the OTA Lollipop update and now the phone randomly and sporadically acts like the "Recent Key" is being pressed. Very annoying especially when trying to message, on IG, will even kick me out of YouTube and I accidentally do things I never intended because of this. Sometimes it is just once and then fine for 20-30 minutes. Other times it just acts like the "Recent Key" is being pressed over and over. Also when this happens the "Back Key" freezes and I cannot press it for 10-15 seconds.

Any suggestions? I have insurance through Asurion but they always charge me $100 and I don't want to have to pay, especially since it is an obvious software glitch and nothing I did to cause!

Hello and welcome to Android Central Hailee19!

In situations such as this your first recourse should be a simple cache partition wipe as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide as this can clear out any detritus from a previous firmware that may be causing your problems.