Screen rotation problem

paul1975

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Just another problem to sort out on my phone. Screen rotation seems to have stopped working it is selected in the menu but stopped working. If I power off the phone and back on works for a bit then stops. Have tried wipe parti on and factory reset. Same still happening, works for a while on boot up the stops. Any other ideas anyone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

paul1975

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Been doing some checking and if I power phone off and on screen rotation works. Lock the phone and leave it for 5 mins and check again not working then. Not used the phone at all in those 5 mins so can't see it being a app problem but if it was hardware surely it wouldn't work on boot up.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just to confirm.... the home screen (AFAIK) will never, ever rotate. If you're in an app, though, it should work.

Are you looking for the rotation on the home screen or inside any (or all) apps?

paul1975

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
In app etc. If I open the settings menu it will rotate on power up but not after 5.ins or so. Done the sensor test and saying gyroscope sensor failed. Reboot and do it again all good. Then stops working again.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware problem then. If the gyroscope is failing, then it won't rotate. Warranty? Get it serviced or live with it, unfortunately.

mikkino

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Using an app like Sensor Kinetics I can see that after a reboot everything is working fine but after few seconds all the sensors stop working. Rebooting the phone in safe mode it works. So it is not an hardware problem. I uninstalled all recent installed apps but nothing changed. The only other thing I did was to update the phone to Android 5.1.1 and then 6. Even after the first update to 5.1.1 the screen rotation started to have problems...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae