My old Windows phone used to speak messages aloud when in car mode, how can I get my S5 to do the same?

A

AC Question

My old windows phone used to speak messages aloud when in car mode

How can I get my Galaxy S5 to do the same?

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: My old windows phone used to speak messages aloud when in car mode

Good question as a former Windows phone user I miss that. And it just worked no settings, no apps, once paired with my car it started reading texts. I definitely miss that feature

Verizon S5
B0G5 build

ColinAlbright

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to get my LG G3 to work the same as my Windows Phone..., but I can't find anything out there that does this seamlessly as the Windows Phone does...

Natively, you can hook the phone up to the Bluetooth in the car and receiving calls seems to work fine, but its the Text To Speech side of it all that falls apart with the Android... On the Windows Phone you have full functionality including receiving texts via your cars speakers and replying to texts..

After hours of trying to get something to work all I have found is an app called AGENT, that reads the incoming texts to you.., but that is all.., you can't reply to them..., so I guess its better than nothing, but nothing comes close to the seamless way the Windows Phone work with the Bluetooth on my car...

I find it really odd that this function that we have had for years on Windows Mobile doesn't seem to exist on Android..., once you have had it its very hard not to accept that you no longer have it....

My LG G3 is back in the cupboard until someone works it out...

Mutley359

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: My old windows phone used to speak messages aloud when in car mode

I have the same question but also an added issue. In my car I have a bluetooth radio but the BT module can't handle music, only voice, so I have an after market device with fm transmitter. This device pushes the music from my phone to a single tuned channel on the radio. With the Windows phone calls, cortana, directions and text reading all went through the radio and only music went to device. With my Android phone only calls go to the radio and everything else (Google now, directions, music) is treated as music and directed to the device plus it won't read texts. So there is a whole issue around how Android handles bluetooth output compared to Windows.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay