Can you stop apps from rewriting every time you switch to them?

coachandrew

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Android 5.0, Sprint Galaxy S5. In earlier versions, I could switch from one program to another, and the screen would not have changed. Now, for most programs, it rewrites or restarts it, even if I bring up the tiles of current programs (where I can see the top of the last thing I was doing in any program) and switch to a program. This is especially annoying when the browser has to reload entirely, including the effing ads, and I've lost my place (or worse, when I've lost Internet access and now just get an error page). It's also annoying when I'm writing a post in Facebook, for example, try to look something up on Google to finish my post, then come back and find my unfinished post has simply vanished. I now try to copy the post before switching, so I can pasted it back and finish it. Not exactly progress.

Is there any setting I have missed that could fix this? Or any app that would accomplish this? I've actually thought of going back to an earlier Android version. I'm hoping there's a better solution.

I'm currently non-rooted. I was rooted on my last phone but tripped the Knox counter, so when my phone was stolen, I decided not to root the new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois