Reboot loop?

A

AC Question

Hi. I just got a new samsung s5 after my old one totally shut down forever. I've had it for maybe a week now with only a few problems but recently, as in today, it has messed up bad.

I noticed for a few days that when I'd be doing something, generally on the chrome app and always while listening to music, whenever I tried to lock it it would go black with a few little glitchy small white lines flashing across the screen and shut down. I could boot it back up normally.

Today, every time I try to lock it with power button it has the glitchy lines and shuts down. When I try to start it back up, it gets into a reboot cycle, repeating the white on black Samsung Galaxy S5 screen over and over until I battery pull. Every time I try to restart it, it does the same thing. It only starts to work after I've left it alone turned off for around ten minutes, and the issue arises again every time I try to lock it via power button.

I've tried rebooting it to the screen where you can wipe cache or factory reset and that worked fine. I wiped the cache fine. But when I tried to start it back up using the reboot option on the same screen, back to the loop.

Is there anything I can do? I just finished redownloading all my apps and stuff and *really* don't want to have to get a new one again. I'm under warranty so it'd be fine, but still a HUGE hassle.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If you have already tried a cache partition wipe, unsuccessfully, and it is a new phone, then you can either do a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset as per post #2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide and if it persists, you can download and re-flash your firmware, as per the guide. Alternatively, you can bite the bullet and exchange it under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance