Why are my apps Turned Off and icons removed after using Ultra Power Saving Mode?

Matthew67899

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Apps "Turned Off" and icons removed after using Ultra Power Saving Mode

Hi. I used Ultra Power Saving Mode last night for about an hour. When I reverted back from that about half of my icons were missing including my stock Voicemail, YouTube, Yahoo Mail, all my games...etc.

Looked a little further into it this morning on Application Manager and the apps are still present on the phone and installed, but "Turned Off". If I tap on them, some have a button that says "Enable" (which appears to be all the pre-loaded apps that came with the phone) but most of them don't.

I've used Ultra Power Saving Mode as recent as two weeks ago with no problem. :confused: Any ideas?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apps "Turned Off" and icons removed after using Ultra Power Saving Mode

Have you tried re-booting your phone?

Matthew67899

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

I've restarted a couple times and powered it down to do a cold start also

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Wiped the cache partition successfully but no change

You are not the only one it would seem, However these were using the Google Now launcher...

[Q] Ultra power save mode clears all icons f… | Samsung Galaxy S 5 | XDA Forums

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys5/comments/2ep5yw/home_screen_icons_and_widgets_disappearing_after/

You could try a 3rd party launcher, such as the excellent Nova Launcher, free from the Play Store.

Matthew67899

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

Wondering if I need to do a factory reset at this point.

Tried to install Nova Launcher and it won't allow me. Also won't allow me to update my current apps (error code: -501) One thing I was able to do was re enable my disabled apps which were already installed on my phone so I can use them again. Have not been able to figure out what to do about my Voicemail and my Camera which are both gone.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Wondering if I need to do a factory reset at this point.

Tried to install Nova Launcher and it won't allow me. Also won't allow me to update my current apps (error code: -501) One thing I was able to do was re enable my disabled apps which were already installed on my phone so I can use them again. Have not been able to figure out what to do about my Voicemail and my Camera which are both gone.

Sounds like a bigger problem than just a few missing icons. I would never, ever, deter anyone from doing a Factory Data Reset as it can solve a lot of issues... if done correctly! I would recommend doing a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset as per post #2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Matthew67899

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

Stumbled across the answer to my problem a little bit ago.

Go into Settings>Application Manager>Disabled Apps
Touch the "dot dot dot" at the top right and a drop down appears saying "Sort by size" and "Reset app preferences"
Touch "Reset app preferences" and it resets everything to default preferences.

It seems to have fixed my problem. It did not restore the apps on my home page to where I had them but that just means adding them from my apps menu again. I can use my apps as before and now I can update, install, and uninstall with Google Play again.

Zooman73

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Application Manager is inside Applications when you tap on Settings. Just reset my Note 5 after using Ultra Power Saving mode. Won't do that again. Had to drag all my home screen apps back into place.

Cik Dania

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site

Stumbled across the answer to my problem a little bit ago.

Go into Settings>Application Manager>Disabled Apps
Touch the "dot dot dot" at the top right and a drop down appears saying "Sort by size" and "Reset app preferences"
Touch "Reset app preferences" and it resets everything to default preferences.

It seems to have fixed my problem. It did not restore the apps on my home page to where I had them but that just means adding them from my apps menu again. I can use my apps as before and now I can update, install, and uninstall with Google Play again.

using UPSM , i cant even open my other than the 6-apps . I cant open wechat,youtube, etc . How should i fix this ? There's no button to unable this UPSM . I'M using CM Launcher and cannot download anymore apps because i cant open the play store . Please Help me....

Cik Dania

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
using UPSM , i can't even open my other than the 6-apps includes wechat,youtube, etc . How should i fix this ? There's no button to unable this UPSM . I'M using CM Launcher and cannot download anymore apps because i can't open the play store . Please Help me....

And also , there's only airplane mode,wifi, bluetooth,mobile network in my phone setting . That's all . My phone haven't been like this before .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair