HELP!!!! Contacts Storage 5Gb since software upgrade!!

acrobat1973

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
So...today I did the software update that came up on my Galaxy S5. Since it installed I keep getting notifications that my storage space is running out. I checked the storage data and for some reason the Storage Contacts are taking up almost 5GB! I only have about 50 contacts, so I have no idea why so much space is being taken up. I have moved/uninstalled every app I can to free up space, but to no avail...I can't even access my contacts now! Please could someone help me out before my phone becomes totally unresponsive?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
With luck maybe you can trash that strangely bloated contacts database and start over. Hopefully, you've been saving your contacts to your Google account. If so, go to your account online and check you contacts there. If everything looks ok, ALL of your contacts are there, do this:

1. On the phone go to: Settings > accounts > Google > Select your account > Disable contacts sync.
2. Go to: Settings > Apps > All (scroll right a bit to see it) > Contacts Storage > Force stop > Clear cache > Clear data.
3. Reboot the phone. You should now have no contacts on the phone.
4. Re-enable contacts sync and your contacts should download. Done.

If you did NOT save ALL or ANY of your contacts to your Google account, or saved only some of them to Google, you have a bit of a problem. See this:

can i add a generic photo for my contacts without photos ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21