Samsung Galaxy S5, screen Blinks when in Low Brightness and doesn't turn on after Lockcreen Timeout

RichA Rich

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey Android Central! I wrote a post about this earlier and I was suggested to Reinstall the firmware. I went to the Samsung Service Centre and got it done, but the problem is back!

I'm not sure why! I went back and told them and they said the problem is with the Power Button but I doubt so. Maybe the problem is with something else? If I could correctly troubleshoot the problem, I could get it repaired too.

They said they'd order a power button and get it replaced, but I don't think the problem is with that. Is the problem with the screen? Or with some internal part of the phone?

Rest of the phone is fantastic, fast and no lag whatsoever. It's just this little bug that makes the phone unusable because many a times it fails to turn back on after the locks screen timeout. The phone doesn't turn off as such, I can still see light coming from the KEYS, it's just the screen.

I tried looking for my other post for reference, but i couldn't. Maybe the posts are deleted after a month or so.

Just an overview of the problem -

>I recently updated my phone Samsung Galaxy S5 to Lollipop, 5.0

>The performance is great, but there's just one problem, when the locks creep times out, the SCREEN doesn't turn back on

>Due to this, I have to often remove the Battery and restart the phone

>I went to the Samsung Service Centre and the apparently "Updated" the firmware, but the problem still exists ; They say the problem is with the Power Button

>I've done things like Factory Reset, Clear Cache Partition etc but the problem doesn't go away.

>I can post a GIF of the problem if needed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463