Problems with Contact/Call/Text

Shadowedsaint

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently having a few issues with my S5 and was wondering if you guys could offer any solutions. I bought this phone unlocked from an ebay store in december. When I turn the phone on the verizon logos show, I am using a sim card from a company called net10 which uses AT&T service and after changing my Apn settings the phone receives and sends calls and texts. The first problem that I am having is that my phone will only dial contacts in these two formats -> *+1 555-555-5555 or just 555-5555.*When a contact from my phone calls me however the phone number shows up in one of two formats -> *+555 555 55 55 *or +5555555555 these calls only show up as numbers so i have no idea who is calling me and my phone will not call these two formats so it is impossible to save them as contacts. *I am curious how to fix this issue so that I can save one number in contacts to dial and that will actually show up contact info if they call me and not just a phone number. My second issue is that if I try to text a number such as 555-5555 the text will appear to send with no warning that it didn't, however the contact will never receive the text. The only way to have a text actually send to a contact is to type the number in this format -> +1 555-555-5555 . This can cause major issues when I don't notice that the contact I chose to select isn't in the proper format and I assume the message sent only to later figure out that it's not in the proper format so it never truly sent. Thank you for any help in these matters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC