Samsung Galaxy S5 - How to Sync and access Outlook 2010 Tasks with Calendar?

A

AC Question

samsung galaxy s5 - How to Sync and access Outlook 2010 Tasks with Calendar

I do not know if this will help anyone, but after days of searching I have been successf in syncing contacts, calendar, and tasks on my Samsung Android phone (Galaxy S5) with Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 Desktop using the following tools and procedure:

Install Samsung's Android "SmartSwitch" app on the phone

Install Samsung's Windows "SmartSwitch" application on the desktop

Configure the Windows "SmartSwitch" application to sync the desired outlook data

After the phone and desktop applications are installed and configured, connect the phone to the desktop using an appropriate USB cable. Windows plug and play may or may not correctly recognize the phone, but the SmartSwitch application should connect to the phone's client app and initiate the data transfer.

On the phone, email, contacts, and calendar applications will readily display and update the Outlook data from your desktop. Unfortunately, accessibility of Outlook's "To Do" task list is somewhat obscure due to Samsung's non-intuitive UI and menu organization.

To access Outlook's "To Do" task list, using the phone's Calendar app:

Tap the timeframe (Day, Week, Month, Year) text in the upper left screen header
In the resulting drop-down, tap "Agenda" and the screen will display an agenda of dated Calendar events and "Agenda" in the upper left screen header

Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right screen header

In the resulting drop-down, tap "Filter by" and select "Tasks" in the resulting pop-up and the screen will now display undated tasks in the main window.

Although I did not see this documented anywhere, apparently the programmers define Events as "date-associated" list items, and "Tasks" and undated list items.

To return the screen display back to Events (dated list items), tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right screen header and select either "Events" or "All" in the resulting pop-up.

To return the screen display back to Calendar mode, Tap the word "Agenda" in the upper left screen header and select the desired calendar timeframe (Day, Week, Month, Year) from the resulting drop-down.

I noticed that after going through this process once, when the main display is in "Agenda" mode I have an "Undated" section at the top of the display. When "Undated" is tapped, the section expands to display all of your undated Outlook tasks.

I still have not figured out how to maintain the Outlook's hierarchy of folder names (the grouping of each task) in the imported data. Maybe someone else has been able to figure this out.

Hope this helps!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 - How to Sync and access Outlook 2010 Tasks with Calendar

Thanks for the tip! If you haven't already, please consider registering on this forum, since it seems like you're interested in helping others out!:)

BG00d

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 - How to Sync and access Outlook 2010 Tasks with Calendar

I re-posted this thread in the Samsung Galaxy S5 forum. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995