Why doesn't my Samsung G S5 show all the stickers in FB messenger?

A

AC Question

Samsung G S5 dont show all stickers in FB messenger

Lately my Galaxy s5 has started to not show all stickers in Facebook Messenger. Often they appear only as grey boxes. Sometimes they are fine, sometimes grey boxes. Has anyone sees this before? And it is not consistant which stickers who are gray boxes or appear as they should. It seems to be random. One stocker might be grey at one time, and ok the next time. And when one shows as a grey box, the next one might appear fine. And same thing even if I am on wifi or on the 4G, or if I am sending or recieving messages, same thing... Both Android and Messenger are updated du to the latest update.

Perus

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung G S5 dont show all stickers in FB messenger

Did you solve this problem? My wife's S5 has the same problem which is resolved by re-installing the FB-app and after a while the grey boxes are back again ;(

/Per

rei-gouki

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't pin down the precise reason for this error on my wife's S5, but the greyed out stickers appears to be affecting random stickers in each set, never all of the same set, and the affected stickers are always failing to showing/a repeatable failure. I solved it, at least in the short term, by deleting the cache for FB Messenger via the App Manager. It'll be a while before I can declare the permanance of this solution, but you can probably consider it either a permanent or quick solution to the problem if I don't post about it again.

On a side note, I noticed wifey's practically installed all the free sticker sets so that may have been a factor in the occurence of the bug and may appear again after she installs a certain number of stickers/sets.

cocoraharu

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

I believe you use a cleaning app like CC Cleaner or 360, and those apps delete necessary cache as well when you perform ''cleaning junk files''.
To fix it, uninstall messenger then reinstall it again. That will reinstall nessesary cache and should work fine again.
Next time you use those cleaning apps, make sure you don't delete messenger sticker cache.

sarahjeanx

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I used to use cc cleaner and this was definitely the problem! I Uninstalled and installed it again and the problem was solved

Melissa Rowell1

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Lately my Galaxy s5 has started to not show all stickers in Facebook Messenger. Often they appear only as grey boxes. Sometimes they are fine, sometimes grey boxes. Has anyone sees this before? And it is not consistant which stickers who are gray boxes or appear as they should. It seems to be random. One stocker might be grey at one time, and ok the next time. And when one shows as a grey box, the next one might appear fine. And same thing even if I am on wifi or on the 4G, or if I am sending or recieving messages, same thing... Both Android and Messenger are updated du to the latest update.

I have an s5 and I love it, but I have the exact same problem. But I have no idea what causes it. That's why I'm here. I've tried deleting and downloading again but it doesn't help.

lavallie

May 28, 2015
Visit site
In the end I had to uninstall Facebook and Facebook Messenger and then reinstall Facebook and Facebook Messenger to make it work right.

Stewart Magrath

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Misha234

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site

Clean applications data from the settings.
It worked for me and for others too

Tessa L Castro

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

I found that uninstalling my messenger app & then reinstalling it again did help solve the problem. My stickers show up now. Thank you to Perus for that idea. Something so simple right? Lol.
I hope it worked for everyone else as well.??????????????????

Vanessa Hansen

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site

I have the same problem with my Sony Xperia M2. I have had a cleaning program for a very short time (maybe 10 minutes), so maybe it deleted something that it shouldn't have.

Does anyone know if it's possible to reinstall the messenger app without getting the new update?
I like the older one more, so I really want to keep that

cachua

May 2, 2017
Visit site

My Samsung s6 has the same problem. I reinstalled fb app but it didn't help. I'll try reinstall messenger later to see it works.