SOLVED- app optimisation update

Tomy Kosac

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I posted before about a new notification I received after a recent update. I currently am on Lollipop 5.0. This was an "app optimisation" notification which prompted you to select what apps you wanted to select and the amount of optimisation.

As I said before, it was so frustrating not being able to go back into this screen to edit my selection.

Well I found it and I hope this helps someone else. With this notification comes a new system app called "smart manager provider". Just press on the all apps button (the 16 small squares) and it is there. Under the smart manager provider there is a security scan, RAM management and battery management which takes you back to this app optimisation screen.

To avoid the frustration with this new notification and feature , all that was needed was a message saying that there is a new systems app under which the new app optimisation is filed under. Ironically it's a terrific new feature that was badly implemented.

I hope this helps someone else.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I posted before about a new notification I received after a recent update. I currently am on Lollipop 5.0. This was an "app optimisation" notification which prompted you to select what apps you wanted to select and the amount of optimisation.

As I said before, it was so frustrating not being able to go back into this screen to edit my selection.

Well I found it and I hope this helps someone else. With this notification comes a new system app called "smart manager provider". Just press on the all apps button (the 16 small squares) and it is there. Under the smart manager provider there is a security scan, RAM management and battery management which takes you back to this app optimisation screen.

To avoid the frustration with this new notification and feature , all that was needed was a message saying that there is a new systems app under which the new app optimisation is filed under. Ironically it's a terrific new feature that was badly implemented.

I hope this helps someone else.

Welcome to Android Central!

Thanks for sharing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci