How can I bring up multi windows without using the setting each time?

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
multi window problem

The only way I can use my multi window is to go to settings, turn multi off and on again. Then the multi window appears on the left. But I have no arrow that's supposed to open from the home screen, another casualty of the 5.1.1 update that lost my "back" and "recent/menu" functions. I have a 3rd party app that restores "back" and "recent", but not "menu". Multi window now only appears by itself when I click a link in a text message, but I have about 8 apps available in that window.
Any ideas how I can bring up multi window without using settings each time?? I tried 3rd party apps that can bring more apps into multi window, but I can't get to the multi window itself.
I am not rooted, running 5.1.1

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: multi window problem

Not exactly. The 3rd party app gives me "back" function, but only "previous screen" back function. And it gives me "recent", but that doesn't work like it is supposed to for multi-function. It only keeps me sane. Before I installed that (which was recommended to me on this site), some apps were totally useless without a back function. And that app did not give me "menu" function with the left button, so some apps that don't have their own in-app menu are still useless to me.