Accidental deletion of pics, how can I get them back?

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Accidental deletion

Hello, I have an S5 G900A series galaxy phone and up until now, didn't know much about the My Files section, that is, until I mistakenly deleted all of my pics from the My Files area. They were not backed up and it seems my only option is to root my phone unless there's other simpler ways.

Is there any chance the pics could've been somehow saved on my SD card and all I'd have to do is hook it into my pc to see them again?

I need help please, I haven't been able to sleep for a day due to this.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Accidental deletion

Hello, I have an S5 G900A series galaxy phone and up until now, didn't know much about the My Files section, that is, until I mistakenly deleted all of my pics from the My Files area. They were not backed up and it seems my only option is to root my phone unless there's other simpler ways.

Is there any chance the pics could've been somehow saved on my SD card and all I'd have to do is hook it into my pc to see them again?

Hello and welcome to Android Central D40ID!

See post #13 of...

Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Hello and welcome to Android

Thank you. Two of those links go to the same thing, to which makes you buy it before you can recover anything. I'll try the other one later today and see how that goes.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. Two of those links go to the same thing, to which makes you buy it before you can recover anything. I'll try the other one later today and see how that goes.

Thank you. Post is duly amended.

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Lovely, it's not possible to root on my device, and therefore not possible to get anything downloaded on my device to save my pics.

Just.

Lovely.

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

I've tried dumpster, but it only un deletes things if you've deleted pics after having it installed, I will keep it though for future purposes.

I'm trying the asoftech data recovery now, but one question, how did I make my phone show up as a device? (Ie. F or E,etc.)

I have US debugging checked, but still not showing, is there something I must do on my computers side?

Thanks.

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Ah, I see where I may have to take out the SD card and place it in a computer with a drive reader.

In doing that, there's not a chance that will hurt the card is there? Like messing up the data, etc.

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm apparently learning quite a bit from my phone. Mount SD card is greyed out, does that mean I do have an SD card? I should considering that I get the option to move something over to my SD card.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The internal user phone storage, only around 10.5GB on an AT&T model, is usually referred to as the sdcard whilst the removable micro SD card is usually labelled as the external SD card or simply, extsdcard.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Ah, so how do I figure out if it's in there? I'm still stuck on what to do. :(

You will be looking for your .jpg files, photos, that are labelled with year, month, day and time, thus... 20151130_220039.jpg Hopefully, there should be instructions with whichever method you are using. Try and avoid using your phone as much as possible as any new data will overwrite the deleted data.

D40ID

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

You will be looking for your .jpg files, photos, that are labelled with year, month, day and time, thus... 20151130_220039.jpg Hopefully, there should be instructions with whichever method you are using. Try and avoid using your phone as much as possible as any new data will overwrite the deleted data.

It sorta makes sense, but I'm be at watching a video for this stuff. Any vids out there for it and what would it be called?

Thanks so much for helping me.