Is Android-Sync out of business?

peartree8

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been using android-sync for 2 years with great success with my Galaxy S5, Verizon, and PC Microsoft Outlook. With the most recent upgrade Samsung did, my syncs messed up. I deleted all software, reinstalled latest version, purged all contacts and calendars on phone and re-synced. All works well, EXCEPT! My phone activity won't sync to computer. I've sent 3 messages to android-sync over the past 3 weeks. No response.
I don't use the Exchange email. All I use is the contacts and calendar.
Any thoughts?!
Thank You!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't speak directly to the Android Sync program, but if you only want to sync contacts and calendar, without using an Exchange mail, I would strongly suggest transitioning to Google Contacts and Google Calendar for everything. The integration is much tighter. Trying to sync with the Outlook program on Windows tends to be imperfect.

SkywayTraveler

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Since my Moto G was force upgraded to 5.1, my Contacts and Calendar syncs with my computer are almost non-existent. My last phone update this afternoon still has not synced with my computer. On Kit Kat, I used to update my phone, and my update would be on my computer in seconds. Now it takes hours and hours, and sometimes days. My files get all messed up when I unknowingly update the same record on both devices hours or days apart. It's so bad that I have to memorize which device that I've updated, so when I need to make more changes I use the same device; otherwise updates get overlaid.

I'm not sure yet, but I think that this problem is what's causing my contacts to get out of sequence from time to time.

Where is the "sync" command, so I can force sync my data? Something is wrong in trying to let Google do it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since my Moto G was force upgraded to 5.1, my Contacts and Calendar syncs with my computer are almost non-existent. My last phone update this afternoon still has not synced with my computer. On Kit Kat, I used to update my phone, and my update would be on my computer in seconds. Now it takes hours and hours, and sometimes days. My files get all messed up when I unknowingly update the same record on both devices hours or days apart. It's so bad that I have to memorize which device that I've updated, so when I need to make more changes I use the same device; otherwise updates get overlaid.

I'm not sure yet, but I think that this problem is what's causing my contacts to get out of sequence from time to time.

Where is the "sync" command, so I can force sync my data? Something is wrong in trying to let Google do it.

Since the OP was asking about a particular syncing program called Android-Sync on a Galaxy S5, it might be better for you to create a new thread with your question, since it's not quite the same issue. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC