How do I get updates on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM900H)?

A

AC Question

How to get updates on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM900H)?

I recently rooted my S5 and doing so I voided my KNOX warranty and my phone doesn't let me update now. I get a message "Your system has been customised in an unauthorized way". Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to update my phone now (It's on Android 5 btw). Also whenever i restart or try to flash a ROM or create a backup my phone takes around 3 - 4 to boot up and seems like it's stuck in the boot up process because I takes too long and I get really scared due to that. Thank you for help in advance.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get updates on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM900H)?

Your update options are to use Odin. You can find ROMs on sammobile website. Make sure you use the right one

Yazdan44

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thanks. How will I know which one is the correct ROM. Im new to all this and dont really know much so could you please guide me till the end?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thanks. How will I know which one is the correct ROM. Im new to all this and dont really know much so could you please guide me till the end?

The correct stock Samsung firmware for your G900H octa core, non 4G, model is governed by your CSC and Product codes as explained in #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

The download and flashing procedure are shown in the links and video of #1.11 of the aforementioned guide.

Grab a coffee and start reading!