Wanted to say I love my S5

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Wife has had an S3 for 2.5 years and I finally got rid of my LG 8300 flip phone! LOL Got a great deal
on an S5 and went for it. Now the wife has phone envy! HA.....great pics and battery life for me has been over 2
days between charges. Anyways, just a quick shout out.

Jim

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Wife has had an S3 for 2.5 years and I finally got rid of my LG 8300 flip phone! LOL Got a great deal
on an S5 and went for it. Now the wife has phone envy! HA.....great pics and battery life for me has been over 2
days between charges. Anyways, just a quick shout out.

Jim

Hello and welcome to Android Central Jims S5!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

It is in the nature of forums such as this, that posters tend to seek them out and only post when they have a problem whilst the vast majority that are happy with their phone's, are silent.

I concur with you. My Samsung Galaxy S5 international model, G900F, on stock, unbranded, firmware is outstanding and can easily hold its own against later models thanks to no less than 8 Lollipop updates lavished on it this year alone. IMHO, Samsung's support is first rate for their models.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I also love my S5. Have been using it for 2 years and i love it.

The only sad thing is, mine is the SM-G900H version. A forgotten version by sammy. Last time i got an update is like 10 months ago to 5.0 . No roots, no good custom roms, no developer support 😭.

I hope the H version will get 6.1 not 6.0 or 6.0.1 cause once they update the H version to 6.0, i bet there will be no 6.1!

I regret for buying the H version instead of F version which i have been offered. But still, i love S5.

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I also love my S5. Have been using it for 2 years and i love it.

The only sad thing is, mine is the SM-G900H version. A forgotten version by sammy. Last time i got an update is like 10 months ago to 5.0 . No roots, no good custom roms, no developer support 😭.

I hope the H version will get 6.1 not 6.0 or 6.0.1 cause once they update the H version to 6.0, i bet there will be no 6.1!

I regret for buying the H version instead of F version which i have been offered. But still, i love S5.

Posted with ❤Love❤

What are your exact, "Version", details as per #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide?

You can root the G900H model and there are a number of custom ROMs and kernels out there for it although, because of the limited areas it is marketed in, nowhere near as many as the worldwide, "F", 4G/LTE model.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
AP: G900HXXU1BOD3
CP: G900HXXU1BOCA
CSC: G900HOLB1BOD1

I think its the latest firmware for my S5.. cmon samsung dont forget the G900H!! Its been roughly 10 months since last update.
The app switcher lag annoys me a lot!
But fortunately besides the app switcher lag, no other issues is noticeable 😊.

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
AP: G900HXXU1BOD3
CP: G900HXXU1BOCA
CSC: G900HOLB1BOD1

I think its the latest firmware for my S5.. cmon samsung dont forget the G900H!! Its been roughly 10 months since last update.
The app switcher lag annoys me a lot!
But fortunately besides the app switcher lag, no other issues is noticeable ������.

Posted with ❤Love❤

What is your Product code, as there are a number of OLB firmwares?

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, gotta agree with you. Even though I was spoiled with root and a lot of developer support on my GS3...my forever stock AT&T GS5 has performed great throughout all updates. I caught an online deal for mine too.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Im sorry, i do not understand how to find and what is product code.
Is it model number? Its SM-G900H.
Is it android version? Its 5.0
Is it build number? Its LRX21T.G900HXXU1BOD3

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Im sorry, i do not understand how to find and what is product code.
Is it model number? Its SM-G900H.
Is it android version? Its 5.0
Is it build number? Its LRX21T.G900HXXU1BOD3

Posted with ❤Love❤

As per #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide mentioned in post #6...

"*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions. This app also has the advantage of showing your phone's Product code which can be useful if there is more than one firmware for your CSC code."

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for bothering you, here is my product code : SM-G900HZKAXSE

Posted with ❤Love❤

You have the Indonesian, OD3, firmware on your phone and it is indeed the only Lollipop release for your CSC and Product code, so far.

If you are not bothered by warranty you could flash the much later stock Samsung firmware for, say, India on OG5 by following the instructions and video in the ;links of #1.11 of the Dummies Guide. This will definitely have an English language pack but I am not sure about an Indonesian language pack.

Apologies to Jims S5 for taking his thread off topic.

salutcemoi

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Love mine but it's been laggy as of late.

An occasional reboot fixes that but it shouldn't be that laggy

Posted via the Android Central App

italianflavor

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey i have used android my whole time and got s5 and love it finally got my wife to switch from her old school phone witch is probley ancient artifact now she loves it and im very happy she loves it

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
You have the Indonesian, OD3, firmware on your phone and it is indeed the only Lollipop release for your CSC and Product code, so far.

If you are not bothered by warranty you could flash the much later stock Samsung firmware for, say, India on OG5 by following the instructions and video in the ;links of #1.11 of the Dummies Guide. This will definitely have an English language pack but I am not sure about an Indonesian language pack.

Apologies to Jims S5 for taking his thread off topic.

Thx for the tip!
But if i flash other region's firmware, will it trip the knox counter? Will my device unable to recieve marshmallow through OTA/Kies?
But if i do trip my knox counter, is there anyway for later on to update to marshmallow?

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thx for the tip!
But if i flash other region's firmware, will it trip the knox counter?

No. Flashing stock Samsung firmware does not trip the Knox Security flag.

Will my device unable to recieve marshmallow through OTA/Kies?

If you are on any firmware other than that for your original CSC and Product code, you will need to manually update. Alternatively, you can re-flash your Indonesian firmware and receive OTA and Kies/Smart Switch updates again.

But if i do trip my knox counter, is there anyway for later on to update to marshmallow?

Knox Security, tripped or not, does not affect your ability to receive updates. See my answer, above.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear there are other S5 users out there that love their phone. I've had mine since launch and it still runs beautifully. Had a recent trip to Japan and my wife is jealous at how amazing the S5 is at taking vibrant, crisp photos to this day - of course I have to poke fun at the fact she's using iphone 6 +

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie