Why is my Samsung S5 still downloading English offline speech recognition data?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung S5 still downloading English offline speech recognition data

Wait!!! I read the whole thread again just in case. I thought you have cleared cache AND DATA for the Download manager, but I assumed wrong, you only mentioned cache! Maybe that's the missing step. Clear data for download manager.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

:D Yep!

Any ideas ironass? Kind of stuck here.

To be honest Javier P, reading through this thread, again, it has me baffled as to why this should keep downloading. Everything except the kitchen sink has been thrown at this issue, to no avail. If the cache partition wipe does not solve the problem, I would suggest that it was a corrupt initial download that has now gone into a loop and suggest cutting the OP's losses and go for an FDR as per post #2 of my previous guide. Lets be honest, that's what a Samsung Service Point would go for if it was taken to them.

OK... As we are down to long shots, try going to...

Google search (in the app drawer) > Menu (3 bars) > Settings > Voice > Offline speech recognition > Auto-update (scroll across) > Do not auto-update languages

Worth a try if you haven't already done it.

agc24165

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Aaaaaand, just did the cache partition wipe via that cool process you linked me to, and when the phone rebooted it happily started downloading the damn file again. head desk

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Oh well. Try the cache partition wipe with those instructions that ironass posted. We're running out of options here :(

Oh well, it was worth a try. I'm out of options. I don't know about you Javier P but I would vote for an FDR and be done with it. I would even go one step further and go for the FULL WIPE+FACTORY DATA RESET as described in my earlier link. Kill or cure!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Settings>system>storage>cached data and it will pop up a prompt to delete all cached data. Try that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

By the way, if you cleared data for the Google app you need to uncheck the auto update option and switch voice off again. After the clearing all settings are back to default values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes