How do I unlock a Verizon S5 so that my AT&T sim card will work in it?

A

AC Question

how do I unlock a verizon s5 so that my AT&T sim card will work in it?

My s4 crashed and I am trying to put my sim card from my AT&T carrier into my brother's old s5. He has verizon.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do I unlock a verizon s5 so that my AT&T sim card will work in it?

Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is already unlocked. You'll need to manually edit the APNs for MMS and data, but phone calls and SMS should work without any changes.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is already unlocked. You'll need to manually edit the APNs for MMS and data, but phone calls and SMS should work without any changes.

What are you talking about when you said the phone's unlocked? Are you talking about the SIM card being unlocked or the bootloader or something else entirely? I may be making the switch from Verizon to AT&T and would like to know.

Cindy

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

What are you talking about when you said the phone's unlocked? Are you talking about the SIM card being unlocked or the bootloader or something else entirely? I may be making the switch from Verizon to AT&T and would like to know.

Cindy
The SIM card is already unlocked. The bootloader is definitely locked, but that won't matter in terms of changing carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21