Why does a reminder come up about the back cover?

A

AC Question

Why does a reminder come up about the back cover

When I turn on my Samsung Galaxy S5 a message comes up telling me to check the rear cover is sealed properly before use. I've checked it & it seems well sealed but the message still appears. Any ideas please.

GeeKraft HD

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does a reminder come up about the back cover

When I turn on my Samsung Galaxy S5 a message comes up telling me to check the rear cover is sealed properly before use. I've checked it & it seems well sealed but the message still appears. Any ideas please.
This question pops up all the time. No sweat, junior, you're alright!

So, let me explain. First, the software isn't connected with the back cover, meaning, if your back cover was or wasn't sealed properly, your phone wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Samsung put the software pop up there, not to warn the user, but rather remind the user. Samsung did this in order to avoid getting sued for water-damaged phones that weren't sealed properly. Just like when you disconnect your phone from the charger, it reminds you to close the flap at the bottom.

So, the only way you can know if your back cover is in tact or not, is to just check it yourself.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does a reminder come up about the back cover

It's normal to have these pop ups, from checking the usb cover to checking the back cover - annoying but the norm. Personally, I've got them disabled thanks to bring rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App