[Support] issue on samsung s5 upper left corner after most recent verizon pushed update

JaredTWade

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Very new to the forums and first time poster here. Be gentle my Android friends!

Just updated my s5 to the most recent software pushed by Verizon and now I am having an issue I've never had before. The upper left hand corner, where most, if not all, apps use as their three bar "menu" button is no longer responsive. Using Reddit Is Fun as an example, and I can't access my subreddit menu.

Anyone else having this issue or have any thoughts? I saw online someone stated that their note 5 was having the same issue but installing nova launcher seemed to fix it. I tried that and still not working. The only way I can get it to work is a complete reboot. It works, but only for a certain amount of time, then another reboot is needed.

Thoughts and assistance would be appreciated!

meboyle

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been reading that is most likely an issue with the FB messenger app and the Draw over other apps permission. I reported a problem with fb as my phone has been doing the same thing for two days.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are different fixes that have worked for other members.

- Wipe the cache partition.
- Disable bubble heads in FB Messenger.
- Disable or uninstall FB Messenger.

Tell us what it works for you.

Edit. The cache wipe didn't work and the problem came back after some time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol