Samsung Galaxy S5 spontaneous lcd crack: not covered by warranty! What are my options?

A

AC Question

samsung galaxy s5 spontaneous lcd crack: not covered by warranty!

I used my phone in the bus coming to work, put it in my pocket then on my desk at work, on december 26. When I came back, the lcd (not the digitizer) was cracked in multiple places and the display wasn't working. This is clearly a defect, as I did not drop the phone, neither could Samsung show that it was dropped, as there was no damage to the digitizer. However, Samsung initially told me it would be covered by warranty, but when I sent it in, they asked for $183, saying it was physical damage. Talking on the phone with level 2 technician did not work either, they just refused to honor their warranty, This is so everyone knows about how cheap they are. Sinan Tuzer

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 spontaneous lcd crack: not covered by warranty!

It could have been weakened by previous drops...

In any event if you are sure that it is a manufacturing defect then I would go through the arbitration process outlined in the warranty brochure that came with the phone.

Just so you know, I have read that other manufacturers also deny warranty of people claiming similar to you

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 spontaneous lcd crack: not covered by warranty!

Kick up a fuss on social media. Worth a try.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams