A Riddle: DH Called My Cell Phone. I Answered and Talked to Him on the House Phone :o

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Whaaaat happened?? OK, here's the chain of events. We both have S5's and were both home.
Using his S5, he called me on my S5. My phone didn't ring...ringer could have been turned down, I don't remember.
What DID ring was our house phone. I answered and it took a few "hellos?" before I connected with him.
Later he told me he called my cell phone.

No you didn't, I answered the house phone.
I know, but I called your cell phone. Look at your call log.

I looked and yes he DID call my cell phone AND I had a message from him. The conversation we had between our land/house phone and his phone was recorded on MY CELL phone!
The only explanation I could come up with was my cell phone forwarded the missed call to my landline/home phone. That would explain everything, BUT, call forwarding wasn't on. Never has been. And when I went into the call settings in the Verizon default phone app, there was no number listed as a forwarding number.

'splain that one! :confused:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh good grief! In my southern genteel upbringing, DH only stands for one thing...Dear Husband. If I were to refer to him as anything less, it certainly wouldn't be on a public forum :p

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No I didn't. I saw on my phone where he called my cell phone and the conversation was recorded on my cell phone...the conversation that we had while on my landline :eek:

larrykay

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Does your house phone have a bluetooth cell phone connection? (although, if you had this I would think that you would know about it...)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Could that app somehow recorded the call?

Yes, ACR would have recorded the message but it's set up to ask "do you want to save this call?". I'm sure I hit "no" the next time I picked up my phone and saw the prompt. My S5 did record a voice mail via the default voice mail app. I just pulled it up and listened to it again. I said "hello" 3x before my husband heard me. He said "I don't know how I ended up reaching you but I was trying to call your cell phone". Well obviously he DID call my cell phone because the call went to voice mail...remember, I was talking to him on our landline/house phone while the call was forwarded to the S5 voice mail since I didn't answer my cell phone. This is WAY too complicated and surreal. The ONLY explanation I could possibly come up with is the forwarded number scenario but that wasn't set up when I looked in the phone "call" settings. SPOOKY! I just looked on landline caller ID and there is no call from him or anyone else at 9:50pm on Jan 2. That's the time the voice mail was recorded on my S5 (the recording of our phone conversation with his S5 and our landline). Is anyone else as confused as I am? LOL

ps...he said "I don't know how I ended up reaching you..." because he heard the house phone ring as he was still waiting for me to answer on my cell phone.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Single explanation...while the NSA was monitoring your cell calls, the agent accidentally connected to your home landline. Apparently they are monitoring all your numbers.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Single explanation...while the NSA was monitoring your cell calls, the agent accidentally connected to your home landline. Apparently they are monitoring all your numbers.

Well it's as good an explanation as anything else I can come up with. I'll go with it! ;)
Signed, the Daughter of a retired Army Major/commerical airline captain

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie