how to keep apps from moving back to device storage?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I moved a bunch of apps to my SD card using the built in android application manager (settings -> applications -> clicked on the app -> clicked "move to SD card"). However, i think every time the app downloads an update from the google play store, it resets itself and moves back to device storage. this is causing my phone storage to become very full unless i manually move each app back every time.

is there any fix for this? how can i keep these apps on the SD card without having them move back to the device storage each time?

i am on a stock verizon galaxy s5 with all the latest OTA updates.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Until Marshmallow hits the S5, I'm afraid there is no 'fix' (unless you root/hack your device). On this version of Android, apps will always run from the internal memory. Whatever you move to an SD card depends on the app dev, but it is limited to external downloads, extra files, media, saves, etc. The app's main file will ALWAYS reside in the internal memory. Now, when you update an app, since it has to do so from the internal memory, it moves it back to it to do the whole process.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance