Why does my boyfriends keyboard keep saving his ex name when he says he didn't type it?

maryjaneliz

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Why does My boyfriends keyboard keep saving his ex name when he says he didn't type it

my boyfriend has the Galaxy s5.. And his keyboard seems to save his ex girlfriends name, last name and sometimes nick name everytime I delete it from saved words they pop back up the next day when he's home from work... He says he doesn't type her name into the keyboard so he has no clue how it's being recognized... Are these words just reappearing on their own??? Even after they've been deleted or is he in fact typing the names into his keyboard, and forgetting to delete the saved word before he comes home...???

Last edited:

waruinge

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why does My boyfriends keyboard keep saving his ex name when he says he didn't type it

The latter is probably true. Or try clearing cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some settings will save the completion list in the cloud, so clearing them on the phone still keeps bringing them back. (In software, there's always a little bug that no one foresaw.)

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Is she one of his contacts? There is a setting to have your contacts names come up as text corrections. On an s6 it is under Settings>System>Language & input>Google keyboard>Text correction>Suggest contact names but it may be a little different for an s5. Or, there's a good possibility that he is lying to you.