On Snapchat, my S5 is missing several filters and suffers from heavy video pixelation

Hugoreyes45

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this section of the forum is dedicated to S5's, so I figured I'd try here.

I recently noticed my friend's Galaxy S4 had access to the fast forward and slow motion filters on Snapchat. Then I realized that the videos he sends me through Snapchat don't suffer from heavy compression. I then realized that another friend with a Galaxy S5 could do the same. They both have the speed modifiers and can send videos through Snapchat that don't look like they are 144p. Meanwhile, my S5 lacks this.

We've been trying to get to the bottom of this, and haven't come to a conclusion on what the problem is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Snapchat, joined the beta branch, restarted my phone, updated my phone's firmware, did a factory reset, wiped the cache partition, and yet nothing has worked.

Videos are actually okay in terms of quality until the camera moves, then the video starts to pixelate until the camera stops moving, where the quality will recover. Both the S4 and my friend's S5 don't suffer from this. My S5 is a g900h and runs on Android 5.0

If anyone can help or give some ideas, I'd appreciate it.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this section of the forum is dedicated to S5's, so I figured I'd try here.

I recently noticed my friend's Galaxy S4 had access to the fast forward and slow motion filters on Snapchat. Then I realized that the videos he sends me through Snapchat don't suffer from heavy compression. I then realized that another friend with a Galaxy S5 could do the same. They both have the speed modifiers and can send videos through Snapchat that don't look like they are 144p. Meanwhile, my S5 lacks this.

We've been trying to get to the bottom of this, and haven't come to a conclusion on what the problem is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Snapchat, joined the beta branch, restarted my phone, updated my phone's firmware, did a factory reset, wiped the cache partition, and yet nothing has worked.

Videos are actually okay in terms of quality until the camera moves, then the video starts to pixelate until the camera stops moving, where the quality will recover. Both the S4 and my friend's S5 don't suffer from this. My S5 is a g900h and runs on Android 5.0

If anyone can help or give some ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you all on the same carrier? Have you tried uninstalling the app and then installing it again?

Hugoreyes45

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
We're not all on the same carrier. They're on AT&T while I'm on T-Mobile. I'm not sure how the carrier would make a difference though. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no success.

Ilich Rivas

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem exactly, at first I thought it was due to maybe different regions, but my friend has an S4 and Snapchat speed modifiers, voice changers, do work, but in mine that is an S5 G900H doesn't. Have a solution already been found. Just btw, I did exactly the same as the original poster (deleted and reinstalled several times, tried to contact the company, joined Beta, left Beta, update it constantly, etc.). I don't really think carriers have to do with this, maybe it's something about the model number, idk. Hope to hear from anyone soon.

mario anderson

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem exactly, at first I thought it was due to maybe different regions, but my friend has an S4 and Snapchat speed modifiers, voice changers, do work, but in mine that is an S5 G900H doesn't. Have a solution already been found. Just btw, I did exactly the same as the original poster (deleted and reinstalled several times, tried to contact the company, joined Beta, left Beta, update it constantly, etc.). I don't really think carriers have to do with this, maybe it's something about the model number, idk. Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Okay so i have solved the problem am so make sure your rooted download build prop editor from Google play now open build prop editor an change device name from SM-G900H to SM-G900F SAVE AND REBOOT PHONE THEN IT AS BEEN DONE NOW YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE ALL FILTERS. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Lita Anggraini

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay so i have solved the problem am so make sure your rooted download build prop editor from Google play now open build prop editor an change device name from SM-G900H to SM-G900F SAVE AND REBOOT PHONE THEN IT AS BEEN DONE NOW YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE ALL FILTERS. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

How to change the device name on build prop editor?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish