no water damage indicator?

ebow

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I just received a used Sprint model Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) and during inspection noticed that it does not appear to have a water / moisture indicator under the battery. Based on all the photos I've seen, it should be in the lower-left corner of the battery bay, just off the corner of the FCC/model # label, right? Nothing there, just smooth plastic or metal and two short lines meeting at a right angle.

Is this how some S5s come? Maybe just the Sprint ones? Maybe just Sprint models destined for MVNOs? (Mine was bought from a Ting user, who got it new from Ting I believe.) Or was it possibly removed to hide something? Nothing else about the phone indicates that there's been any damage. The battery's indicator is white, though that could have been easily replaced.

ebow

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that pretty much matches what I saw from a few other sources. Here's a photo of my phone. Note the lack of a white square in the upper-left corner of the battery bay (from the photo's perspective). If someone removed the indicator, they did a great job as it's perfectly smooth.SGS5-under-battery.jpg