Android 5.1.1 and Verizon S5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Anybody hear anything about Verizon updating the S5 to 5.1.1. Seems like they've forgotten this device.

Samsung have chosen, as they did with Android 4.4.4, to bypass 5.1.1 on most of their SG5 models worldwide in favour of moving on directly to Marshmallow. Verizon may be following their lead.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That means Verizon will have Marshmallow maybe by the end of this year at the rate they move.

Maybe!

Lets hope that they don't make the same mistake they made on Lollipop and try and release too early, using a Samsung pre launch version of firmware.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Chill bro! Samsung has really forgotten the internantional exynos of S5. Still stuck in 5.0 after all this time :(

Once i got an update last year in october+-. I got excited just to see it only installs smart manager and still on 5.0 :(

Posted with ❤Love❤

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Gee and I thought I was screwed on 5.1.1 on AT&T. Sorry guys. :(

samsung_carriers.jpg

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I will never ever buy an exynos variant again if there is snapdragon and exynos versions. Poor support from samsung, VERY VERY poor updates as if it was 100% forgotten, less developer supports, almost to none good custom ROMs.

Im starting to believe that the exynos S5 wont be getting marshmallow :( and stuck in 5.0 for eternity unless some dev showed some love and builds a marshmallow custom ROM for it.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I had to Google it. The SM-G900H is the non 4G/LTE, octa core used in Argentina, Trinidad & Tobago, Paraguay, Russia, South Africa, Israel, Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela, Uruguay, Kenya, Jamaica, Guatemala, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Tunisia, Algeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, Afghanistan.

Sorry you are stuck. :(

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
http://androidforums.com/threads/s5-lollipop-latest-releases.888974/page-10
I had to Google it. The SM-G900H is the non 4G/LTE, octa core used in Argentina, Trinidad & Tobago, Paraguay, Russia, South Africa, Israel, Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela, Uruguay, Kenya, Jamaica, Guatemala, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Tunisia, Algeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, Afghanistan.

Sorry you are stuck. :(

Could have just asked me... I wrote it! :D

Most G900H models have received an update in the last 40 days, see here, and are currently running on OL1 with a changelist of #5852541... much higher than some of the Android 5.1.1 releases

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
All kinds of updates for the Verizon Note 4 lately. It's almost as if the S5 never existed.

This is something I don't understand. S5 probably sold more phones than the note 4 yet the note 4 got 5.1.1 already. Does anyone have any info on if and when Verizon will release 5.1.1 or any update on what stage they may be on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois