How to automatically save video to my SD card on Galaxy S5

meeshalin

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
While taking video with my Galaxy S5 it saves to internal storage, how can I change it to save to SD card?
I'm taking video of 2 basketball games. Not entire game, about 10-13 minutes each game. By the time I start recording 2nd game, I'm getting a message, storage is running out. Please help!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
While taking video with my Galaxy S5 it saves to internal storage, how can I change it to save to SD card?
I'm taking video of 2 basketball games. Not entire game, about 10-13 minutes each game. By the time I start recording 2nd game, I'm getting a message, storage is running out. Please help!

Hello and welcome to Android Central meeshalin!

Make sure that you do not have, "Easy mode", selected in... Settings > Easy mode (select Standard mode)

Now open up camera and touch the Settings cog. Scroll up until you come to, "Storage location", and select, "Memory card".

Videos will now save to your DCIM camera folder on your external SD card.

MIKEYKID11

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Unless someone has another method..
This does not work on Tmobile GS5 on Marshmallow. It saves pics to sd, but all videos still save to internal by default. Have to manually move all videos to sd.

patjegool

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site

Hello and welcome to Android Central meeshalin!

Make sure that you do not have, "Easy mode", selected in... Settings > Easy mode (select Standard mode)

Now open up camera and touch the Settings cog. Scroll up until you come to, "Storage location", and select, "Memory card".

Videos will now save to your DCIM camera folder on your external SD card.

patjegool

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech