My Galaxy S5 doesn't show me options to send contact information or share name cards

PinoZ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
When I go into contacts and try to send someone contact information (name and phone number), I get no option to do this either at the top right of the screen or the bottom left hand. I end up having to copy and paste a number into a text message. And yet I see other people with S5 and S4 phones with the option to send contact information or share name cards. How do I install this on my phone?
Pino

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
When I go into contacts and try to send someone contact information (name and phone number), I get no option to do this either at the top right of the screen or the bottom left hand. I end up having to copy and paste a number into a text message. And yet I see other people with S5 and S4 phones with the option to send contact information or share name cards. How do I install this on my phone?
Pino

Which of the 42 models of Galaxy S5 do you have and what firmware are you on?

On stock Samsung, Lollipop, firmware... Contacts > Select contact to send > Menu (3 dots) > Menu... see screenshot > Share name card or Send contact information.

Certain carrier minority variants of Galaxy S5 have their own version of Contacts. You could try downloading, free from the Play Store, Google Contacts to see if that helps.

Last edited:

crashbunnie

May 14, 2015
Visit site
If you're using 'Easy Mode' which enlarges text (and makes things difficult for me) the option to ~ share name card, won't exist. My phone's default was Easy Mode when I purchased it, I had to change this setting immediately.

If you are using 'Easy Mode' you can switch to 'Standard Mode' by using the 'Settings' app {the round gear/or sprocket icon} swipe over, or scroll down to> Device > Personalization > Easy Mode /or/Standard Mode. Once in Standard mode the option to share a name card thru the Contact's menu will appear.

If you're not in Easy Mode, refer to ironass' options or seek out your carriers tech help, if it's offered. A soft reset is an option or toggle through easy and standard mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome