Oops, wiped my S5 by mistake yesterday

atodalen

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I intended to wipe cache yesterday but instead hit volume DOWN - home - power buttons rather than volume UP - home - power and the next thing I know I saw Recovery Boot and erasing. I didn't see a menu come up so I had no idea what it was ultimately doing. I suspect it may have reloaded the ROM. Anyway, the phone was back to factory fresh after it finished and everything had to be set up and apps reloaded as if it were a new phone.

Can someone tell me what happened when I hit that button sequence by mistake. I suspect that there was another menu that came up and I fat-fingered a selection and was unaware of it. If there is a menu that comes up after hitting volume down- home - power, what are the menu choices? If there isn't a menu at that point, then what does that sequence do?

Al T
Spokane, WA

atodalen

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset is in the same menu as wipe cache and accessed by volume UP - home - power sequence. I hit volume DOWN - home - power so I was in an entirely different area. I seem to remember when I did do a factory reset some time ago that it finished the reset fairly quickly while this process took several minutes before I was able to start setting up accounts and loading apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie