How to remove my SD Card (Smasung Galaxy s5)?

A

AC Question

How to remove my SD Card (Smasung Galaxy s5)

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. I know where to go to unmount my SD Card, but instead of the button saying "Unmount SD Card," it says "Mount SD Card, insert SD card," as if it my phone couldn't detect my SD Card. I'm trying to take the SD Card out, but it won't let me because the button doesn't show up, so I can't take it out. Is there another way I can take it out?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to remove my SD Card (Smasung Galaxy s5)

as if it my phone couldn't detect my SD Card
You're right. If the phone is displaying Mount SD card / Insert SD card, then it's not detecting the SD. You should be able to remove it without unmounting it because it isn't even mounted.

Is it a new card? Does it have data on it already?

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

How critical is using the "unmount"? I just recently changed out my SD card for a
larger one without using the unmount and all is well. I just figured it was like
the removing of a USB from my PC. I have never used the "safely remove" feature
and have never had a problem.

Is this just some extra insurance for not creating a problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Is this just some extra insurance for not creating a problem?
Yah, it's like PC USB "safety remove". I've also pulled USB drives off my PC without doing a safe remove, and haven't experience any problems either. However, there was one time I did. Nothing critical lost as I always have backup. On a phone/tablet, I just do it to be polite! LOL!

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I'd just get into the habit of safely unmounting storage, be it on your phone or PC. It never hurts and only takes a few seconds do to do.

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root