Galaxy S5-WiFi gets stuck turning on then turns off!! HELP!

A

AC Question

My galaxy s5 was working fine until recently it no longer can connect to WiFi.

When in the WiFi settings screen and sliding the on/off switch to on it goes to on and turns green but is a faded or more translucent than before and never connects to WiFi, upon leaving the screen and returning to WiFi settings the on/off is back to off. When in the pull down settings and pressing the WiFi button there is the same result, green but faded and stuck never turns on.

I have already looked on this forum and elsewhere for a solution and nothing has helped.

Things I have tried:

turning the phone off then on.

removing the battery

resetting both my modem and my router

returning to other known networks

factory resetting the phone

now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi

someone pls halp

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy s5 was working fine until recently it no longer can connect to WiFi.

When in the WiFi settings screen and sliding the on/off switch to on it goes to on and turns green but is a faded or more translucent than before and never connects to WiFi, upon leaving the screen and returning to WiFi settings the on/off is back to off. When in the pull down settings and pressing the WiFi button there is the same result, green but faded and stuck never turns on.

I have already looked on this forum and elsewhere for a solution and nothing has helped.

Things I have tried:

turning the phone off then on.

removing the battery

resetting both my modem and my router

returning to other known networks

factory resetting the phone

now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi
[/B][/B]
someone pls halp

"now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi"

What is your model and your exact firmware details as per #1.2 and #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
You might have to reflash your phone or even worse, replace the motherboard/modem if damaged.

Posted with ❤Love❤