Galaxy S5 takes ages to connect a phone call

8BallBoris

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Since a couple of days, every phonecall I make takes up to a minute or more to connect. I press "Call", then about a minute later I get the message about conditional forwarding and then the phone goes off on the other side.

However, if I turn off syncing, Wifi and mobile data, the connection happens in seconds.

The only apps that sync, are Google calendar, Weather & Clock widget by Devexpert.net and Evernote. For all other apps syncing is turned off, and I'm not logged in into things like facebook, twitter and the likes. So the syncing shouldn't have such an impact.

Is there a way to solve this without manually turning off syncing and internet before making a phone call?

Phone: Galaxy S5 (model SM-G800F)

Android version: 4.4.2

Kernel version: 3.4.39-5365191
Build number: KOTH49H.G800FXXU1AO92

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Since a couple of days, every phonecall I make takes up to a minute or more to connect. I press "Call", then about a minute later I get the message about conditional forwarding and then the phone goes off on the other side.

However, if I turn off syncing, Wifi and mobile data, the connection happens in seconds.

The only apps that sync, are Google calendar, Weather & Clock widget by Devexpert.net and Evernote. For all other apps syncing is turned off, and I'm not logged in into things like facebook, twitter and the likes. So the syncing shouldn't have such an impact.

Is there a way to solve this without manually turning off syncing and internet before making a phone call?

Phone: Galaxy S5 (model SM-G800F)

Android version: 4.4.2

Kernel version: 3.4.39-5365191
Build number: KOTH49H.G800FXXU1AO92

Hello and welcome to Android Central 8BallBoris!

Try clearing the cache and data for your, "Phone", system app as per #1.5 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, (not specifically for Lollipop), and clearing your Galaxy S5 Mini's cache partition, as per #1.3 of the guide and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech