Can't Dial Out, kinda. "Unfotunately, Contacts has stopped." Not really!

Juataxme

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S5. When I touch the "Green Phone button" to dial out, I get the dial keypad for about 2 seconds and then Keypad disappears and I get "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." I don't think so, because the only way I can dial out is go to the "Orange Contacts button" and choose someone from my contacts and it will dial out. The problem is, if you are not already in my contacts I can't dial you from the Keypad.

I have looked around and it looks like the "unfortunately, contacts has stopped" comes up in other situations.

Any help? Thank you

One more thing, If I use the Orange Contacts buttons and touch the "keypad" button on the Top Left, it does the same thing. Keypad appears and then after 2 seconds disappears and I get "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped."

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S5. When I touch the "Green Phone button" to dial out, I get the dial keypad for about 2 seconds and then Keypad disappears and I get "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." I don't think so, because the only way I can dial out is go to the "Orange Contacts button" and choose someone from my contacts and it will dial out. The problem is, if you are not already in my contacts I can't dial you from the Keypad.

I have looked around and it looks like the "unfortunately, contacts has stopped" comes up in other situations.

Any help? Thank you

One more thing, If I use the Orange Contacts buttons and touch the "keypad" button on the Top Left, it does the same thing. Keypad appears and then after 2 seconds disappears and I get "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped."

Make sure you have backed up all your Contacts and then wipe the cache and data for both the, Phone", and, "Contacts", apps as described in #1.5 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Juataxme

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Since my post, I factory reset my phone. First I backed up to my 64 GB micro SD card using Samsungs Smart Switch app. Then removed card. Next I did a factory reset ffrom phone settings. Then re-installed card and did a restore using Smart Switch. Problems solved and Igot everything back!

I tried the Contacts clear cache and Google + uninstall updates and force stop which seemed to be common suggestions, but neither worked for me.

Thanks

PS-I just noticed that my available space is now 4.17GB. I haven't seen north of 1.5GB for months!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz