I was wondering when I'm on the phone, how come I can't use the internet on my Galaxy 5?

A

AC Question

I was wondering when I'm on the phone how come I can't use the Internet on my galaxy 5

Everytime I try to use my phone I can't call I'm on my phone talking to someone I can't use the Internet is there a reason why on my galaxy s5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: I was wondering when I'm on the phone how come I can't use the Internet on my galaxy 5

Are you on Verizon or Sprint? A more detailed explanation is below.

If you are unable to use Voice & Data on a call this could be a CDMA limitation.
GSM Carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) – Both can use voice and data at the same. Either on HSPA or on LTE (using VoLTE).
CDMA Carriers (Sprint / Verizon) – These carriers can only handle voice or data. Not both at the same time… Unless using VoLTE. Verizon currently has VoLTE whereas Sprint doesn’t. You may be asking – why is this? My old phone did this... which I am sure it did. A more detailed explanation is below.
[INFO]The older phones had two CDMA radios put in them (such as the S3 on Sprint). One dedicated to voice -- another dedicated to data. Therefore you could do voice and data. GSM has always been one radio because that one radio can do both tasks at the same time. They got around it on CDMA by simply adding another radio in there and dedicating each one to one task.
Now they're getting rid of that second CDMA radio. So therefore you can only use talk, or data -- not both at the same time. Now if you're using VoLTE for your calls it will allow voice and data since the call will be going through LTE (as data) so it is technically then all data which would bypass this restriction.[/INFO]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante