how can i fix the battery life on my verizon galaxy s5

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i cannot figure out for the life of me what is causing my phone to drain so quickly. i will unplug my phone around 6 or 6:30 and it will be at 40% or 30% by 11 or 12. what can i do to fix it nothing seems strange in my battery settings. i will be posting screenshots of my battery settings to see if there is anyway to improve it. have to charge at least 2 times a day.Screenshot_2016-03-07-16-03-42.jpg

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just from my own experience, major battery drains are:

-Wifi
-GPS Applications (Google Maps, Waze, etc)
-Leaving SYNC on all the time
-Facebook, Instagram, etc
-Screen brightness
-Any video streaming/chatting

If you're phone is losing battery life while idle, then something else is wrong. Try a factory reset (I know, annoying) or clearing your cache partition and/or cached data

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone a lot but not enough for it to be draining this fast. I am not doing a factory reset as I will lose my stuff which is a pain to get back and doing it may not solve my problems. All started when I got lolipop.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
As BlurryEyed stated, also try wiping your partition cache - this won't affect any of your programs or data.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone a lot but not enough for it to be draining this fast. I am not doing a factory reset as I will lose my stuff which is a pain to get back and doing it may not solve my problems. All started when I got lolipop.

If you haven't done a factory reset since upgrading to Lollipop - I highly suggest it. My battery life went to crap after 5.0 and only a factory reset resolved it. You'll find the same holds true for a lot of other folks as well.

It's not that hard to back up/reset...

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to delete the Facebook app as I love it a lot and it is very useful. is there a way I can prevent it from draining my phone?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I refuse to delete the Facebook app as I love it a lot and it is very useful. is there a way I can prevent it from draining my phone?

Get a bigger battery and cover or, delete all your other apps on the phone. Alternatively, use the web browser version of FaceBook.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Wow...you can't go without the Facebook app for one day just to see if it's contributing to your overall battery drain? I think we've offered all the support we can here. Best of luck to you.