Changing from 16gb to 64gb, help still needed

joekido

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if there is already a thread like this however I don't have time to go through this section and looked elsewhere but there is no question to answer this specific question and I need to go in details.

First off my phone is not rooted, I don't have a computer to assist me and I don't know exactly how to root my phone and I was hoping for a simple solution that does not require to root my phone. However if there was a simple way to root my phone you can then tell me. Now let's get to the problem.

I have an issue with the device storage, the miscellaneous files is taking too much of my space and I originally used the micro card called SanDisk which uses 16.00 gb. I had already tried everything to delete these files and free up the storage but none of these methods worked so I thought if I buy a 120 gb card I could expand my device storage so yesterday we went to Walmart to buy it but they only have SD cards that ranges from 16 to 64gb so we bought a PNY micro card along with an adapter included and it stores up 64gb

So I turned off my phone, remove the battery and took my old card out which I'm still keeping. I did not first unmount the card and just turned off my phone to take the card out. So I put the new one in and when I turned on my phone it's still much the same. Below the storage bar still say 16.00 but in the SD card section says that my space is 59.65 total and the space still left free is 59.37.

So I had to re-insert my old card back in and unmount it, then turn off my phone to take it out and put the new one in and it was already unmounted. I even used the adapter but nothing changed at all. Is there any way to do this right?

SnowyRa1n

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the 16GB space in which your miscellaneous files are occupying a portion of is your device's internal storage amount, not your external SD card.

Look at Settings > Storage for space analysis.

Attachments

• 1457847305971.jpg
    1457847305971.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae