Galaxy S5 restarts after drops.(very small drops like off a harry potter book) battery level changes

CoolCoderMan

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
I'm noticing something very strange with my phone. Everytime my phone drops the phone restarts. Afterwards, the battery level on the phone will be different. Today, I dropped it and it restarted to 18%, it drops once more and its at 31%. I'm suspecting a faulty battery? I did the battery spin test and it did not spin at all. I am very curious as to what is happening. It is a refurbished phone via the GeekSquad Phone Warrenty program.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Looks like your battery is dead. Even if it doesnt spin. Buy a high quality trusted brand or OEM battery. Beware as many fake low quality battery is listed as "original" and looks almost the same as the real original one.

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Try putting a layer of sellotape, or similar, on the base of the battery and please, STOP dropping it! ;)

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Try putting a layer of sellotape, or similar, on the base of the battery and please, STOP dropping it! ;)

But the S5 is strong!!! I dropped mine from my 1 meter tall table (3 times i remember) and no crack and visible damage at all! (I use no case).

Posted with ❤Love❤

inner_vision

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Dead battery is a possibility, or there is a connection that has been knocked loose because of the drops, in which case, things become a little more complicated

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670