Anyone else tired of the internet dissing the fingerprint scanner?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I for one am sick of the entire internet bagging the fingerprint scanner of the Galaxy S5. I actually really like it. And all this crap about how "hit and miss" it is. Well that is not my experience at all. I can honestly say that it is a rare event when the scanner fails to recognise.

And all the crying and complaining of the swipe action. Again, I really like it and can honestly say I will miss that when I eventually get a new phone. I like having a phone, only 1 of 2 made, that has this unique swipe action, rather than the common press and hold action. It's just cool and different. My only lament is 3 fingerprints only can be registered.

Anyone else with me?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Once you tried to fast single tap fingerprint sensor like the TouchID, your opinion will change.

Posted with ❤Love❤

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I like my fingerprint swipe OK, but I am hoping that the next smartphone I buy will have one on the back because it's the more natural place to have it (in my opinion).

My only issues with the current position (on the home button) is that my case gets in the way sometimes so I have to swipe more than once. That's my own "fault" though. Otherwise, it works very well.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I like my fingerprint swipe OK, but I am hoping that the next smartphone I buy will have one on the back because it's the more natural place to have it (in my opinion).

My only issues with the current position (on the home button) is that my case gets in the way sometimes so I have to swipe more than once. That's my own "fault" though. Otherwise, it works very well.
Agree that having the sensor on the back would be a huge improvement. Swiping across the home button doesn't really make it convenient or one-handed. I have never had a problem with its accuracy though.

inner_vision

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It really isn't an ergonomic way to use a fingerprint scanner on a phone, compared to simply holding your finger on the button. Swiping is awkward, and it isn't as reliable as I'd like. It's not that the scanner is useless, more that it's just 1st generation stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy