Accidentally deleted all app data...

ddrew011

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I was trying to free up some memory using root browser and i accidentally deleted the folder /app in /data. Now i keep getting error messages and none of my apps will open... What do I do!?!?!?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.. good news and bad news.... Good news is that you didn't blow away anything in /system. Had you torpedoed something in the /system partition, it would have required you to reload the factory image using a tool like Odin, etc.

Bad news is that your user data partition is now corrupted. By removing the app directory, you cut off a lot of your user data at the knees. If I was a betting man, I would say that a factory data reset will 'fix' the problem as it will format the userdata partition (which /data is part of) and recreate it. If you can, I would save off anything you want to keep and hasn't been backed up to a computer, because that all goes bye-bye when you reset.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
As you are rooted, if you followed best practice and made a nandroid backup before deleting stuff, you will be able to restore from your backup.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12