Swipe code for apps?

jkat16

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked previously...tried a search but came up empty. I use a swipe code to 'open' my phone and then just carry on using my apps. As of yesterday, i enter my swipecode as normal but then when I select an app such as email and skype....they are now requiring my swipe code as well. I haven't changed anything that I know of. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do these apps have a corporate account by any chance? If your company changed their security policy they might be enforcing the extra security.

Also, check that you didn't move these apps into Private Mode (if you didn't change anything, this is unlikely).

Are any other apps giving you that issue or just e-mail/skype (if the latter, that's why I ask about the corporate accounts...my company does that)?

jkat16

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your help...much appreciated!

It's my personal phone so no company input. Personal email, skype and messages are all asking for my swipe code now.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, if you go to Settings, Security, Device Administrators. Is there anything there that could be enforcing any extra security layer? Exchange, e-mail app, anti virus, etc.?

If you reboot your phone, does it do the same for these apps? Is there anything 'weird' in your Lockscreen settings?