Something is wrong with my S5, I don't know what, can you help me?

A

AC Question

It started two nights ago, my dad handed me my phone because it started to randomly restart. My phone restarted once before I went to sleep.
In the morning, I checked up on my phone, and it was working normally, I could unlock the phone, and use google, but almost 30 minutes later, my phone started to whack out.
The blue LED on the corner still blinked, but I couldn't turn on my screen, so I took the battery out, and put it back in, my phone worked after that, But another 30 minutes later, my phone wouldn't turn on at all.
I thought it was a battery problem, so I took the battery out and put it back in, but nothing happened. I hooked my phone up to the charger, but nothing happened, no sign of it actually charging, so I asked my aunt for a battery, because she has an S5 and keeps some fully charged S5 batterys handy, incase she needs them. I put one of her batteries into my S5 but still, nothing happened.

Please help.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Welcome to AC Forums, I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue!

It "sounds" like the phone may have suffered a fall, or exposure to liquids? If not, then it would appear, unfortunately, that the phone has suffered an unrecoverable failure. Now...."sometimes" and I've seen it happen, they recover after a few hours, by simply putting the battery back in, and it works. I'd be really cautious with it though, because if it is a power component that failed, there could be a chance of electrical shock if you continue to keep it plugged in.

I would suggest, if possible, that you take it to a repair facility so they can test it properly! I'd offer more troubleshooting options, but it would seem that you've already done what I might have suggested.

Hope I've at least been of some help, and stay tuned here to this thread, as someone else my have other options for you.

Have a great day!

Chris