Sprint just released Marshmallow for Galaxy S5 OTA USA

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got it! Looks really weird too. There's a sexy new Sprint splash screen too whenever you reboot the device.

Just started messing around with it.

So far, feels pretty good. No sluggishness like a couple previous Android updates. None of my widgets or apps broke or needed to be reinstalled. The UI and icons all have a new bubbly (Marshmallowy?) look to them. And folders now have extra options in them for more convenient customization options.

I don't see any adoptable storage options, so looks like Samsung or Sprint didn't bother with it (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

All in all, there's no major differences I can see at the moment. It works and it works well, that's about it. Have fun!

Last edited:

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be that guy, we can't get 6.0, we never got 5.1.1, Sprint doesn't update their devices on time. Why Sprint why?

Now on a serious note, glad to see the update getting released, will have to go and get the update done when I get home.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated first thing this morning. Now I'm on 6.0.1 with security patch April 02, 2016, baseband G900PVPU3CPCA. That is pretty up-to-date if you ask me.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any adoptable storage options, so looks like Samsung or Sprint didn't bother with it (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

You haven't been paying close enough attention to what Samsung has been doing. Samsung has chosen to forgo this option on all their phones.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my Boost Mobile S5 day before yesterday (got the S7) & was really looking forward to seeing the 6.0.1 update on it. The Sprint & Boost mobile g900p S5's were & still are great device's IMO :)
I remember the 5.0 update & how smoothly it went especially compared to the AT&T and notorious Verizon update to the S5 :D

Guess I'll catch a review on YouTube ;)

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting for AT&T to roll theirs out.
Asked an associate on AT&T chat and he advised later in the year it will be available.
Great answer.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
lol.
His exact choice of words was "AT&T is still working out any kinks and bugs but hopefully late in the year it will be available". Am not happy.

Ariock

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I got this update over the weekend and it has broken my Bluetooth connection to my car. Prior to this update, I've never had a problem connecting to and maintaining connection to my car's Bluetooth. Now, it will connect but it disconnects after about a minute, then reconnects after about 30 seconds, disconnects after another couple of minutes, etc. Kind of destroys the whole point of having a Bluetooth connection in my car.

All of the searching I've done to figure out how to deal with this have given results from months ago, before the update rolled out. And some of them suggest things like making sure my Bluetooth device is updated. Like my car's firmware is going to get an update. :'( :mad:

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I got this update over the weekend and it has broken my Bluetooth connection to my car. Prior to this update, I've never had a problem connecting to and maintaining connection to my car's Bluetooth. Now, it will connect but it disconnects after about a minute, then reconnects after about 30 seconds, disconnects after another couple of minutes, etc. Kind of destroys the whole point of having a Bluetooth connection in my car.

All of the searching I've done to figure out how to deal with this have given results from months ago, before the update rolled out. And some of them suggest things like making sure my Bluetooth device is updated. Like my car's firmware is going to get an update. :'( :mad:

I assume you've deleted the pairing both on the car interface and the phone, then re-paired, yes?

Cristen Bozeman

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get this resolved? My bluetooth is doing the same thing with my car.
I have cleared cache, restarted the phone and still drops connection with the car and then reconnects, in a span of 20 minutes, it did it 10 times.
This was not happening before the upgrade.

Cristen Bozeman

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get this resolved? My bluetooth is doing the same thing with my car.
I have cleared cache, restarted the phone and still drops connection with the car and then reconnects, in a span of 20 minutes, it did it 10 times.
This was not happening before the upgrade.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: I updated my Sprint GS5 to Android 6.0.1 and I'm having no problems with Bluetooth staying connected.

In fact, the best thing about 6.0.1 is that it solves the problem that I was having on Android 5.0 whereby my phone's "Home" button would become unresponsive after connecting via Bluetooth and running GPS. I often had to reboot my phone after running Bluetooth and GPS in the car. Now it works perfectly.

I'm also very happy to be rooted on Android 6.0.1. I got my GS5 last summer and I deliberately waited to root it until the Android 6.0.1 update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed