Marshmallow Update- Screen Mirroring Won't Work?

A

AC Question

Marshmallow Update- Screen Mirroring Won't Work

This week, my Galaxy s5 updated to Marshmallow. Now, my screen mirroring will not work.

I have a ActionTec ScreenBeam Mini2 that has been working great. I plugged it in to my TV, hit screen mirror or Quickconnect on my Galaxy, and Presto!

Now, my Galaxy recognizes it, the TV says connecting, and then nothing. My phones says failed connection via screen mirroring. I have tried Quickconnect. I tried downloading a "screen mirroring fix". I tried downloading ActionTec app. All that did was update the device...

is there a fix???

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow Update- Screen Mirroring Won't Work

Welcome to Android Central! It's usually worth trying a cache partition wipe after major system updates: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

This worked for me. To cache wipe, power phone off. Then with phone off, simultaneously hold down the following: up volume rocker, home button, and power button. Then follow the prompts to wipe the cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

Superjee47

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site

This week, my Galaxy s5 updated to Marshmallow. Now, my screen mirroring will not work.

I have a ActionTec ScreenBeam Mini2 that has been working great. I plugged it in to my TV, hit screen mirror or Quickconnect on my Galaxy, and Presto!

Now, my Galaxy recognizes it, the TV says connecting, and then nothing. My phones says failed connection via screen mirroring. I have tried Quickconnect. I tried downloading a "screen mirroring fix". I tried downloading ActionTec app. All that did was update the device...

is there a fix???

I also have the same problem with my Galaxy s5 and my lg smart TV. Previous to the last marshmallow update, it worked perfectly fine, now unable to connect via screen sharing pops up everytime. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with wiping my cache, so please do not suggest that. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Victor Sosa

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site

I also have the same problem with my Galaxy s5 and my lg smart TV. Previous to the last marshmallow update, it worked perfectly fine, now unable to connect via screen sharing pops up everytime. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with wiping my cache, so please do not suggest that. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Did you ever find out how to fix the problem?

DonPistolon

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue and the solution is this:

First you need to have the device rooted

Go to device/system/build.prop

edit the file and add the following line

wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

save the file

Restart device and try the screen mirroring, it should be fixed.

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
i had the same issue and the solution is this:

go to device/system/build.prop

wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

save the file

restart device and try the screen mirroring, it should be fixed.

how do you root a samsung galaxy s5 please , i need help i cannot screen mirror with my s5 bcus it tells me it fails to connect

Ham2016

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to the forum, you may be able to help me. I just got my mum a new Samsung Tab S2 9.7" 64g to watch movies on her Rv and search the net. I got a HDMI cable and micro USB converter to HDMI module. It won't show the picture on her non smart tv Sony 46". Apparently the latest s2 has android 6.0 and won't support screen mirroring?? Is this true or do I need to pay for the 'original' Samsung converter cable? Happy to consider miracast or chrome cast, but my store can't confirm if either will 100% work. And suggestions to help guys?

Thanks,

Hamish, Australia

Kbdixon1

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have an HTC android, I've deleted app, rebooted screenbeam and still nothing. I don't know where device/settings is on my phone. The, Kristin

01r6cle

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

save the file

This does nothing..... I have tried everything and my phone says it is connected, but the TV shows nothing. My buddy can mirror to the TV in seconds like mine use to a week ago, so I know it isnt the TV. Does anyone have a "REAL" fix for this yet?

S5 active Lollipop

ShakerNL

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

save the file

This method worked for my Note 4. Thanks!

Aartist

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
If you have Allcast installed try uninstalling it. This worked for me on my Note 4 and several other people reported the same. No need for rooting your device. If you don't have Allcast perhaps another casting app is to blame..

pimp2oo3

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
If you have Allcast installed try uninstalling it. This worked for me on my Note 4 and several other people reported the same. No need for rooting your device. If you don't have Allcast perhaps another casting app is to blame..

Thank you! I've tried almost everything besides any root options. Uninstalled Allcast and viola!

Note 5 running Marshmallow

Last edited:

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

By God I think this helped me.

Unreal. I deleted it then tried casting in landscape while already in a media program and it worked without any problem. Previously I would have to be on my home screen and it would maybe work once in twenty times, giving me an error. I was going mad because I just bought a new Samsung TV and was shocked that my Note 5 was struggling so badly to do this.

Hopefully this was the fix. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope, still an inconsistent, buggy pieceacrap for no reason.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member