GPS is stuck on and I can't turn it off

c-lo87

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and for the past few days, the location icon is stuck on, but when I go into the settings to try and turn it off, it says that it is off. I can't turn it off or on, and I can't see what the problem is while in Safe Mode.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong, but don't get too upset. All the GPS being on means is that if an app asks for your location, the GPS receiver will run and return the location. It's not a battery hog when it's not actually being accessed.

It could just be that the icon and the GPS are out of sync - the GPS is off and the icon is on. Try turning it off by tapping the icon.

TRANSMITTERGUY

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Reboot. If you have a problem with a phone always, pull the battery wait 30 seconds, and reinsert the battery and power up. This gives the CPU a chance to reload the operating system and programs. If this doesn't fix it there might be a APP conflict. Start by uninstalling any recent APPs you have loaded since the problem started. then do another Reboot. I have good luck in solving problems with my S5 by doing this procedure. Not all APPs are good APPs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance