Choose which apps re-download

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My S5 has a bunch of old, outdated crap, orphaned folders, lost internal storage, etc... plus it's about that time of the year that I want to do a factory restore and just reinstall the apps that I want (others have been installed and removed)

When I do the FDR, and log back in to my phone, Google Play Services will start reinstalling my apps automatically. This is why I love Google. The question is - can I pick and choose what apps re-install on my phone? AFAIK, the only way is to go through the apps first and uninstall those that I don't want, THEN do the FDR and the apps that are left will reinstall on their own.

Thoughts? When you all do your FDR, how do you reinstall your apps?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
"Spring has sprung,
The birdies have sung"

Time for the Spring clean can3gxw?

Unless you are rooted, the only way I know of, is the one you have suggested and have a thorough clear out of any old apps before re-sync'ing your phone and then doing an FDR+FULL WIPE and starting from scratch again. I never cease to be amazed at the space I gain, each time I do it... and how much better the phone runs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
"Spring has sprung,
The birdies have sung"

Time for the Spring clean can3gxw?

Unless you are rooted, the only way I know of, is the one you have suggested and have a thorough clear out of any old apps before re-sync'ing your phone and then doing an FDR+FULL WIPE and starting from scratch again. I never cease to be amazed at the space I gain, each time I do it... and how much better the phone runs.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea... like changing your underwear. Always a good idea to do it at least once a year, whether you think you need to or not. I'll probably just take my own advice and uninstall what I don't want, then wipe it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yea... like changing your underwear. Always a good idea to do it at least once a year, whether you think you need to or not. I'll probably just take my own advice and uninstall what I don't want, then wipe it.

Throw 'em at the wall every night. When they stick... change 'em!